It's been a long, LONG while since I blogged, but Darcy Baldwin posted this over at Sweet Shoppe Designs, and it looked like fun, so here we go!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. With mini marshmallows. Yum
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Usually Santa just puts presents under the tree, but there's always one small gift in the stocking (usually a piece of jewelry) that is wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored. White lights are SO pretty, and I love them, but I'm just a colored light kinda gal, they look more festive to me.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. My house consists of 3 single women...not a whole lot of point there, right? lol
5. When do you put your decorations up? I usually put up our tree and my indoor decorations on Thanksgiving weekend. My outside lights go up during that next week.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom's caramel nut rolls. She only makes them once a year, for Christmas morning. So yum.
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? The year my Grandpa came down from Michigan and spent Christmas morning with us. We had Christmas at home, then went to my Gram's and her husband (who was also Grandpa). I remember loving having both my Grandpa's with me. I was a spoiled little girl that year, lol
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember how old I was, but I'd gone into my mom's room searching for our cat, who had a habit of getting locked in the closet, and when I opened the door to let him out, I saw a camera sitting on her closet shelf. Christmas morning it was under the tree from Santa, and that was that, lol
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? C does. She gets a new pair of flannel or fuzzy PJ's every year, and she gets to open those on Christmas Eve. She always knows what it will be, but it's fun for her to get that "peek" anyway.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Usually, with C7 flasher bulbs, garland, and tons of ornaments. But this year we splurged on a real tree, so we have micro LED lights, a few ornaments, and a blooming TON of tinsel. (C went a lil overboard with the tinsel, lol)
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow, I love. Ice...not so much.
12. Can you ice skate? Honestly, I have no idea. I've never tried.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A silver and gold crucifix that my uncle bought for me when I was 16.
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? For me it's the spirit that seems to fill the air. Giving thanks for family, friends, and loved ones. The goodwill that I feel. Teaching my daughter that the meaning of the holiday is more about giving than receiving.
15. What is your favorite Christmas Dessert? Wedding Cookies. (Pecan shortbread cookies covered in powdered sugar)
16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Um...wow. This is a hard one. There are so many. I think I love our Christmas Eve the most. We order pizza for dinner, watch Miracle on 34th Street, then I read the Christmas Story and Twas the Night Before Christmas, then C goes to bed, and I sleep in the living room with the Christmas Tree lights left on.
17. What tops your tree? A star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I love the giving. For me, it's all about finding just the right gift for the people on my list, and the look on their face when they open it.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I have 3. I love Oh Holy Night (when it's sung properly, by someone with the voice to do it, like Josh Grobin, wow). I also love Do You Hear What I Hear, my fave version of that one is by Bing Crosby. And Christmas Eve Sarajevo by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? They're good for stirring into hot chocolate and decorating the tree. That's about it, lol
21 Favorite Christmas Show? I haven't seen it in years, but I used to LOVE the Garfield Christmas special. And who doesn't love A Charlie Brown Christmas? The ending? iCry.
22. Saddest Christmas Song? This is another hard one. The only really sad Christmas song I can think of is Christmas Shoes.
23. What’s your Wish for Christmas? That my friends, family, and loved ones are filled with the peace and joy of the season.