Wednesday, December 1, 2010
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. With mini marshmallows. Yum
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Usually Santa just puts presents under the tree, but there's always one small gift in the stocking (usually a piece of jewelry) that is wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored. White lights are SO pretty, and I love them, but I'm just a colored light kinda gal, they look more festive to me.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. My house consists of 3 single women...not a whole lot of point there, right? lol
5. When do you put your decorations up? I usually put up our tree and my indoor decorations on Thanksgiving weekend. My outside lights go up during that next week.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom's caramel nut rolls. She only makes them once a year, for Christmas morning. So yum.
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? The year my Grandpa came down from Michigan and spent Christmas morning with us. We had Christmas at home, then went to my Gram's and her husband (who was also Grandpa). I remember loving having both my Grandpa's with me. I was a spoiled little girl that year, lol
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember how old I was, but I'd gone into my mom's room searching for our cat, who had a habit of getting locked in the closet, and when I opened the door to let him out, I saw a camera sitting on her closet shelf. Christmas morning it was under the tree from Santa, and that was that, lol
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? C does. She gets a new pair of flannel or fuzzy PJ's every year, and she gets to open those on Christmas Eve. She always knows what it will be, but it's fun for her to get that "peek" anyway.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Usually, with C7 flasher bulbs, garland, and tons of ornaments. But this year we splurged on a real tree, so we have micro LED lights, a few ornaments, and a blooming TON of tinsel. (C went a lil overboard with the tinsel, lol)
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow, I love. Ice...not so much.
12. Can you ice skate? Honestly, I have no idea. I've never tried.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A silver and gold crucifix that my uncle bought for me when I was 16.
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? For me it's the spirit that seems to fill the air. Giving thanks for family, friends, and loved ones. The goodwill that I feel. Teaching my daughter that the meaning of the holiday is more about giving than receiving.
15. What is your favorite Christmas Dessert? Wedding Cookies. (Pecan shortbread cookies covered in powdered sugar)
16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Um...wow. This is a hard one. There are so many. I think I love our Christmas Eve the most. We order pizza for dinner, watch Miracle on 34th Street, then I read the Christmas Story and Twas the Night Before Christmas, then C goes to bed, and I sleep in the living room with the Christmas Tree lights left on.
17. What tops your tree? A star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I love the giving. For me, it's all about finding just the right gift for the people on my list, and the look on their face when they open it.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I have 3. I love Oh Holy Night (when it's sung properly, by someone with the voice to do it, like Josh Grobin, wow). I also love Do You Hear What I Hear, my fave version of that one is by Bing Crosby. And Christmas Eve Sarajevo by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? They're good for stirring into hot chocolate and decorating the tree. That's about it, lol
21 Favorite Christmas Show? I haven't seen it in years, but I used to LOVE the Garfield Christmas special. And who doesn't love A Charlie Brown Christmas? The ending? iCry.
22. Saddest Christmas Song? This is another hard one. The only really sad Christmas song I can think of is Christmas Shoes.
23. What’s your Wish for Christmas? That my friends, family, and loved ones are filled with the peace and joy of the season.
Monday, November 15, 2010
They say that the children are our future. I totally agree. And because children ARE our future, it's super important for us to take care of them. I'm a lucky mom. My daughter is happy and more important, healthy. Not all moms are as lucky as I am when it comes to that. They have children who are ill, facing dreaded diseases. Living through the fear that all moms have hidden deep in their hearts. As we enter the holiday season, I realize how incredibly grateful I am for my daughter, and for all of the children in my life. And it occurs to me that I need to do something to show that gratitude.
This is where Scrappers Give Thanks comes in. SGT is an annual scrapbooking community project that benefits a specific charitable group or organization. Founded by Jennifer Wilson, with support from Anna Aspnes, the first project resulted in over 650 handmade cards being delivered to Operation Write Home in 2009. In 2010, the focus of Scrappers Give Thanks is children in hospitals across the US and Canada. The goal? 2000 cards, giving joy, laughter, and inspiration to these children, and their families. I have set a goal for myself to design and submit 12 cards to this project. One for each child in my extended family.
If you would like to contribute to this wonderful cause, please click the Scrappers Give Thanks logo on the right side of this page. The link will take you to the Scrappers Give Thanks website, where you can find out about how to submit your card. Want to help even more? Spread the word. Blog about it. Put the badge on your website. Tweet about it, share it on Facebook. My biggest reason for being grateful? This beautiful girl right here.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
**This post approved by Amanda Heimann ;)
Monday, March 29, 2010
Here's my project, using Kelleigh's Sassy Purse #3 Template and papers from Amanda Heimann's Ba-Da-Bing kit.
***You Are Here***Sally - http://arainbowslife.blogspot.com/
Tracy - http://tracykosofsky.blogspot.com/
Laura - http://www.lauras-little-corner.blogspot.com/
Juli - http://julifreshfish.blogspot.com/
Julie - http://mycrazylifeasamomandawife.blogspot.com/
Christy - http://scrapsofme.com/
Dana - www.paperdaydream.blogspot.com
LuAnn - http://livelaughcreate-luann.blogspot.com/
Jacinda - http://www.digikiwichick.blogspot.com/
Viva - http://vivaartistry.blogspot.com/
Dalis - http://www.stampergirl.com
Holly - http://lv2scrapnjp.blogspot.com
Sharyn - http://analteredlife.wordpress.com/
Karen Lewis - http://scrappingmum.blogspot.com/
Linda - http://www.yamstamps.com
Alice - http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/
Mel - http://domesticatedlady.com
Sunghee - http://www.creativityinprogress.com/blog/
Carolina - http://creativepad.typepad.com
Debbie - http://www.debbieseyer.com/my_weblog/
Kim - http://paperrocksscissors.blogspot.com/
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Head over to The Digichick and check out Jen's new release, Whisper of Spring and the Easter Sunrise Add-On. They are beautiful, soft kits with springy colors and elements. Easter Sunrise is a faith based add-on with gorgeous word art and elements.
ALSO....if you are interested in joining Jen's super fun CT, tomorrow is the last day to apply so head on over HERE and check out her call!
Oh! And one last thing, if you head over to Jen's blog, there's a special blog only coupon for her store!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Friday, February 12, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Same Brain Scrappers
Peaches for Me
Here's a layout I did with it:
Forest Frolic with Suzy Q Scraps
And a layout:
Friday, February 5, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
What can I say? I love my dog. She's always doing something goofy to make me laugh. And she cuddles with me, lol.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Ordering pizza for dinner is always a treat, it means I don't have to cook for one night, lol.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
I love having a neat and organized desk. It makes it much more enjoyable to sit here and do all the things I do on the computer.
Monday, February 1, 2010
The Biggest Loser. Bob is my hero. I love it when he gets all mean and evil and then turns around and gives the contestant he's working with a hug.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Morning in the Forest
The wind blew through the forest
Her legs clung tightly to the flower as she sucked down the nectar
Refueled and ready to fly, she slowly spread out her wings
And then she waited
She waited for a gust of wind to blow her out into the morning sun
Slowly it came and gently plucked her off of the flower and carried her away
She felt her wings surge gracefully up and down to the beat of her heart
She was flying
She was beautiful
She was magnificent
She was a butterfly
Pretty good, huh?
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Hopefully you've noticed that the page has been renamed. I spent some time thinking about it and I decided that I want this blog to be more about my life in general, as opposed to just my Project 365. I'll still be posting my daily photos, and weekly layouts here, but I also want to be able to post about other things happening in my life, and I didn't want to do a seperate blog for that. My goal for this year is still to find joy in everyday life. But I've decided that trying to focus my P365 on that is quite restricting when it comes to taking the actual photos. The thing is, obviously whatever I photograph is something I find some joy in, or I wouldn't bother to take a photo of it. So my new idea for my P365 is just "life." Whatever it throws at me that I want to photograph each day. I might try to set myself some themes, but for the most part my photos will be completely random, just whatever strikes me and says "take a photo of me."
This blog is still about a journey, and it's still about finding the joy IN the journey, but now I just feel a bit less restricted about what I can photograph, or what I can post here, and THAT makes me feel good! :)